[SVN] Revision 882 (Latex)

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Mon May 9 17:31:23 UTC 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 19:18, Brad Miller wrote:

> If there is a different long term plan for handling the additional
> syntax highlighting etc for a language than what we are currently
> doing with the themes then maybe we should just delete the Latex theme
> and wait for that to happen?

The idea is that the White/black/grey/simple theme should really style
ALL languages.

So I'd say yes, delete the LaTeX theme. In a few betas there will be a
per language possibility to have a settings file, but that should be
for non-visual settings (like these inc/dec patterns and related, i.e.
what's currently placed in the Basic settings).

If something looks wrong in a LaTeX file using one of the generic
themes, either (prioritized) 1) the names used in the language
definition should be changed, 2) the naming scheme should be revised to
allow for generic themes, or (last option) 3) an add-on should be
created for that language (like e.g. the Diff colors, which do not set
foreground/background etc., but only the new elements defined in the
Diff language file).