[SVN] Bundle commit 99

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Thu Jan 20 10:04:15 UTC 2005

On Jan 20, 2005, at 10:47, Eric Hsu wrote:

> I don't care too much about the specifics of the taxonomy, but I
> figured people would have a single stylesheet selection for invalid.*,
> say red background. Then one couldn't distinguish between 4 spaces and
> a tab.

If the user has a style for invalid.* and invalid.invisible.tab for
example, the latter will be used for invisible tabs (the longest match
will always take precedence).

> I'm sure you can do it better than I can... there's a limit to how
> much you can hack out using Perl and stdin and stdout...  :)

I'll look into it later today or tomorrow. Curious, do you know “perl
-p”? Basically it loops over stdin, so you can do (to strip non-ASCII):
    perl -pe 's/[^\t\n\x20-\x7E]+//g'