[SVN] Bundle commit 99

Eric Hsu erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
Thu Jan 20 09:47:42 UTC 2005

At 10:10 AM +0100 1/20/05, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>That's why I wanted them as invalid, because me thinks the default
>style sheet will have invalids with a red background. But I'm okay
>with not having them in that class if you don't think they belong
>there.

I don't care too much about the specifics of the taxonomy, but I
figured people would have a single stylesheet selection for
invalid.*, say red background. Then one couldn't distinguish between
4 spaces and a tab. And if people set the stylesheet to not have a
background color, then the invisibles stay invisible. It seems better
to make people change settings specific to invisibles, to leave
things more flexible for other invalid.* styles...

>If you don't do it before I release beta 3, most likely I will,
>Chris Thomas gave me a list on the wiki of which functionality
>people probably expect to have from BBEdit with regard to text
>conversion tools (and I'll add some trimming to that).

I'm sure you can do it better than I can... there's a limit to how
much you can hack out using Perl and stdin and stdout...  :)

- Eric
--
Eric Hsu, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
San Francisco State University
erichsu at math.sfsu.edu
http://math.sfsu.edu/hsu