[SVN] overlapping fileTypes in multiple bundles?

Allan Odgaard allan at macromates.com
Wed Jan 5 10:49:20 UTC 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 11:10, Brian Lalor wrote:

> How does TM handle having a single file extension set in the fileTypes
> property in multiple bundles? [...]

It uses the first match (where 'first' is undefined ;) ). If the user
manually selects a syntax highlight for a loaded file, TM will remember
this binding, so the extensions in the bundles are just defaults.

> Allan, do you intend to support something like Emacs' embedded mode
> specifier (I just made that up; sounds good, doesn't it? :-) ), such
> as
> 	// -*- XML -*-
> to indicate that a given file should use that mode?

I haven't considered it, but at least for tab size it sounds like a
good idea. With regard to modes, is there many cases where file
extension is not enough to decide the mode?

> [...] why password-protect the repository for anonymous access?

Because I didn't know how to give anonymous read access :) But I'd like
to change it.

Before I do though (or at least before the URL gets announced) people
with stuff in the repository should be aware that it can then be
crawled by email-harvesting software, so I'd suggest to obfuscate
emails in README's etc.