[TxMt] Re: TextMate 2.0.14 and 2.0.15 broken

Sat May 16 09:13:31 UTC 2020

On 16 May 2020, at 15:42, Paulo Moura wrote:

> After updating form 2.0.13 to 2.0.14, I cannot use the keyboard,
> TouchBar icons appear as white boxes, and menu shortcuts are not
> rendered. After downloading TextMate from GitHub and reinstalling
> 2.0.14 a couple of times, TextMate started working again. Today, I
> updated from 2.0.14 to 2.0.15 and same problem again. But this time I
> have been unable to solve it by reinstalling 2.0.15 using the GitHub
> download. I'm on 10.14.6 with a MacBook Pro with a Portuguese
> keyboard.

Can you provide a screen shot of the menu shortcuts?

Also, does nothing react to keyboard input in TextMate? Or is it only
shortcut keys?

Can you still use menu commands with the mouse? E.g. open preferences
etc.

> Suggestion on how to get back to a working installation with 2.0.15
> appreciated. Downgrading to 2.0.12 also doesn't work: TextMate crashes
> on startup.

Can you provide a crash report?

They should be located in ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports with a
TextMate prefix.

Though it really sounds like this is a problem with your system,
especially as it was fixed after re-installing (a couple of times?).

I would suggest a reboot, if you haven’t already tried this.