[TxMt] Re: CocoaDialog

Mon May 11 01:19:17 UTC 2020

On 17 Jan 2020, at 9:57, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> I'm sure this has come up before, but just wanted to mention that
> CocoaDialog is not working.
>
> I was using it in one of my bundles to put up File Save and Folder
> Choose dialogs.
>
> I'm now using `osascript` instead; not difficult, though I suppose it
> would be nice not to have the AppleScript dependency. Still, it is
> still present in Catalina and still works. m.

For the records, CocoaDialog has now been updated to a 64 bit build, but
given the state of CocoaDialog (the version on GitHub cannot be built
from source and/or doesn’t seem to work), I would consider it
deprecated: We will probably have an issue again when we transition to
ARM… :)

TextMate has had its own `"$DIALOG"` command since 1.x, to see a list of
commands, press ⌃R in TextMate on a line containing just: "$DIALOG"
help