[TxMt] Re: String of text causes CPU to 100%

Quinn Comendant quinn at strangecode.com
Fri Jan 3 04:07:21 UTC 2020

On 27 Dec 2019 10:03:52, Jacob Carlborg wrote:
> If you open the bundle editor and select a bundle item, then there’s
> a checkbox in the drawer to enable/disable the item.

Thanks. By process of elimination, I was able to narrow the problem down to a language grammar I had modified: `Mail.tmbundle/Syntaxes/Email Address.tmLanguage`.

I changed this:

	(?i)\b([A-Z][A-Z0-9._%+-]+)@([A-Z0-9.\-]+)\.([A-Z]{2,4})\b

To this:

	(?i)\b([A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9._%+-]+)+@([A-Z0-9.\-]+)\.([A-Z]{2,4})\b

Which apparently causes infinite parsing, although I can't see why.

I was trying to fix the regex so that it will match email addresses containing dots or beginning with a number, e.g.:

This is correctly identified as markup.underline.link.email.hyperlink:

	testuser at example.com

But these are not:

	1testuser at example.com
	test.user at example.com

Any help would be appreciated how to get those email addresses to parse too.

Regards,
Quinn