[TxMt] Re: A few recent crashes

Thu Apr 23 12:14:36 UTC 2020

On 22 Apr 2020, at 20:42, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> That is pretty damn weird. So even after a reboot, TextMate kept
> relaunching? And still in a state where it didn’t get “proper”
> activation (no keyboard input)?
>
> Apple does offer to relaunch applications if they terminate
> unexpectedly, but that is offered as an option, not automatic.

I just saw the same behavior on 10.14.6. (Keyboard and mouse input
appear to do nothing, and TextMate immediately relaunches when
quit/killed.)

An easy fix, in case anyone else runs into this: Restore 2.0.8 or older
from a backup and replace 2.0.9 with it in your Applications folder.
After that, quitting 2.0.9 will actually quit and you can launch the
older version.

--
Rob McBroom