[TxMt] Re: please load the whole file when I open it

Matt Neuburg matt at tidbits.com
Sun Sep 22 15:51:10 UTC 2019

Yes, I was using 2.0-rc10 before (released 2018-06-11).

I did have to say Command-J sometimes after a global find or similar, but this was a well known minor issue, and saying it once was enough, and the window did not also jump around (scroll) at arbitrary times, as when switching to a new tab.

If you could get the new version to behave more like 2.0-rc10, that would be great! Of course I was hoping that the need for Command-J after a search would eventually just go away entirely, but instead the new 2.0 has gone in the opposite direction and made the window jump around all the time, so that I'm constantly wrestling with it by hitting Command-J, often multiple times before the window settles down.

So, because the new 2.0 is completely unusable, I have reverted to 2.0-rc10. I have work to do (writing a 1000-page book); I can't be spending all my time responding to these unexpected multiple jumps in the window.

Please do let me know if there's a new release for me to test! I'll do anything I can to help.

m.