[TxMt] Re: Support fotr Language Server Protocol?

Wed Sep 18 07:18:20 UTC 2019

On 16 Sep 2019, at 11:16, Stefan Daschek wrote:

> To be honest, I don't have any clue (yet) what exactly needs to be
> done […]

It’s something on my personal wishlist, but have been postponing it
until after a non-“beta” release because it will require a lot of
changes/rewriting, as the protocol needs to sync up edits, file renames,
etc. between LSP server and client, so every place that TextMate may
change the buffer, it will need to convert that into a JSON-RPC message
with UTF-16 offsets and send it to the server.

While one could insert such sync code at the lowest level (the buffer
class), this is not where we want to deal with graphical completion
menus, file renames, etc. and I would prefer not to have LSP
communication spread out over multiple components.

There’s a few other things that require rethinking the same
components, and I’m currently doing a bit of experimentation with
this. I’m not making any promises or predictions, just letting you
know what’s currently on my mind.