[TxMt] Re: please load the whole file when I open it

Wed Sep 18 06:55:56 UTC 2019

On 17 Sep 2019, at 22:12, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> I'm having great difficulty persuading the newest TextMate 2 to load
> the whole of my file when I open it. Actions like scrolling or global
> find result in long delays or large apparently blank areas. It would
> be nice if when I say "open this file" TextMate 2 would well and truly
> just _open_ it. m.

I can assure you that there is no code to only partially load a file.

Is there anything special about these files? For example special
encoding, special anatomy like database dumps or XML documents on one
single multi-megabyte line? Prose, markup, or code files?

If there are “blank areas” is it something you can screen capture?
That might help understand what the underlying issue is.