[TxMt] Re: No transparency for iPlastic theme in Mojave

L. Philip Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Wed Oct 9 11:53:20 UTC 2019

> As mentioned, there is the option of placing a NSVisualEffectsView behind the text view, but this gives a (very) blurred background. I don’t know if the desire for alpha is to be able to read/see what’s behind, because in that case, NSVisualEffectsView is not a good option.

Happy TextMate user here, but wanted to add my $0.02 since this issue is important to me.  I make heavy use of transparent windows in order to read what's behind the window, and really miss this in TextMate under Mojave.  I never understood what the point was of Windows aero's blurry windows.

Unfortunately I have neither the skill nor the bandwidth to work on this issue, though if someone does I'd be glad to test a build.

-- Phil