[TxMt] Re: Session problem

Ed Wong scampy at me.com
Thu Nov 14 17:17:59 UTC 2019

> On 5 Nov 2019, at 20:07, Ed Wong wrote:
>
> I’ve been getting this abnormal exit issue with the latest TM (2.0.3). There seems to be a problem saving the opened tabs state in projects on closing of the App.
>
> When I reopen TM, the Disable Session Restore dialog appears. I click on Restore Documents and the tabs from a previous state (before 2.0.3) is always brought back.
>
> From your description, it sounds like there are multiple issues:
>
> TextMate is crashing?
>
> TextMate never saves your current session and instead restores the session as it looked the 26th of October?
>
> Can you clarify if both the two issues are correct?
>
> If so, it would be useful with a link to a crash report. Also, what triggers the crash, is it only when you quit, or during regular use?

Almost correct. :-)

1. It looks like TextMate fails gracefully - no crash report. Just the session never gets updated.

2. When I open TM, it presents me with the dialog box asking to restore the Session or not. If I click on restore it always just opens up the 26th Oct session (which is nice) but not so useful.

I finally gave in to dialog pressure :-) and clicked on the “Cancel” button when it asked me if I wanted to restore the previous session. So I’d start TM with a clean slate. After that I am able to save my sessions again. It did keep some unsaved files in the Session folder. Those remain undeleted (untitled.txt, untitled 2.php etc.) even though they longer open in TM on start up and are no longer on my tab list.

So, end result is Sessions are ok again now. I won’t be able to repeat the problem again so maybe I’ll take a look into the code if it happens again.

Ed