[TxMt] corrupted file

Leo Brewin leo.brewin at monash.edu
Sat May 4 02:22:55 UTC 2019

Hi Folks,

I'be had a recurring problem with one file. For some reason when TextMate
reads the film from disk it somehow corrupts the tail of the file. I've
attached two images of the corrupted and original versions. I've done a bit
of digging and have observed the following.
1. It only appears to happen for this one particular file (weird).
2. When I first launch Textmate and then open this file it appears
corrupted in Textmate but not when I use "tail" in the command line (i.e.,
the file is corrupted in TextMate's memory but not on disk).
3. If I close the (apparently) corrupted file and re-open it, the file is
now not corrupted.
4. If I save the file to disk then it is saved in corrupted form (oops).
5. If I delete ~/Library/Caches/com.macromates.TextMate/BundlesIndex.binary
before launching TextMate then the file is not corrupted.
6. I ran Apple's debug (reboot+D) to check my memory and it reported no
errors.
7. I'm running TextMate 2.0-rc.23 on macOS 10.14.4

Any suggestions would be most appreciated,

Cheers,
Leo

[image: fig-01.png]

[image: fig-02.png]