[TxMt] settings_for_path and the file chooser :: I want to ignore directories when finding files

Kyle Kirbatski kyle.kirby at me.com
Fri Mar 29 14:40:24 UTC 2019

Hello,

My end goal is that I want to tell textmate to ignore some directories (or include) when finding files using “Open Quickly”

I skimmed the source code and saw that I might be able to use some kind of settings:

static std::map<std::string, NSString*> const map = {
	{ kSettingsExcludeDirectoriesInFileChooserKey, kSearchExcludeDirectoryGlobsKey },
	{ kSettingsExcludeDirectoriesKey,              kSearchExcludeDirectoryGlobsKey },
	{ kSettingsExcludeFilesInFileChooserKey,       kSearchExcludeFileGlobsKey      },
	{ kSettingsExcludeFilesKey,                    kSearchExcludeFileGlobsKey      },
	{ kSettingsExcludeInFileChooserKey,            kSearchExcludeGlobsKey          },
	{ kSettingsExcludeKey,                         kSearchExcludeGlobsKey          },
	{ kSettingsBinaryKey,                          kSearchExcludeGlobsKey          },
	{ kSettingsIncludeDirectoriesKey,              kSearchDirectoryGlobsKey        },
	{ kSettingsIncludeFilesInFileChooserKey,       kSearchFileGlobsKey             },
	{ kSettingsIncludeFilesKey,                    kSearchFileGlobsKey             },
	{ kSettingsIncludeInFileChooserKey,            kSearchGlobsKey                 },
	{ kSettingsIncludeKey,                         kSearchGlobsKey                 },
};

However, I don’t know where I would set these. I believe there may me some kind of file I can place at my project root to define these, but I’m unable to determine what the name of this file should be or the format of the file.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!