[TxMt] Re: LaTeX issues with “Include Image” (drag-n-drop item)

René Schwaiger sanssecours at me.com
Thu Feb 7 20:16:58 UTC 2019

Hi Dustin,

> On 07.02.2019, at 16:48 , Dustin Wheeler <mskblackbelt at me.com> wrote:
>
> It’s been a while since working on a LaTeX document and I found that I can’t drop an image into my code anymore. When I drop an image, I get the following error message:
>
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require': dlopen(/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/osx/plist.bundle, 0x0009): symbol '_rb_funcall3' not found, expected in flat namespace by '/Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/osx/plist.bundle' - /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/osx/plist.bundle (LoadError)
> 	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
> 	from /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/Bundle Support.tmbundle/Support/shared/lib/ui.rb:8:in `<top (required)>'
> 	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
> 	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
> 	from /Users/xxxx/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/lib/Ruby/command.rb:10:in `<top (required)>'
> 	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
> 	from /System/Library/Frameworks/Ruby.framework/Versions/2.3/usr/lib/ruby/2.3.0/rubygems/core_ext/kernel_require.rb:55:in `require'
> 	from Include Image:5:in `<main>'
>

> I’ve tried poking into the code, but can’t find any reference to `funcall3` anywhere in the Ruby folder in the LaTeX bundle support folder. I’ve tried reinstalling the LaTeX bundle, but it didn’t make a difference. I get the same error when I try to drop in a `*.tex` file (expecting to get `include{file.tex}`) or a source code file, so this seems to be an issue with the whole suite of “File Drop Actions”.
>
> Just in case this was related to weird characters in my iCloud drive file path, I also tried this experiment with two files on the Desktop, same results were obtained.
>
> This is TextMate 2.0rc.10 running on macOS 10.14.3.

thank you for the detailed bug report. The issue should be fixed by commit [a3e1b802][]. As far as I can tell, TextMate still ships with an old version of the LaTeX bundle that does not contain that fix. Michael or Allan, can you please update the bundle index to contain the latest version of the LaTeX bundle?

a3e1b802: https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/commit/a3e1b802

In the mean time: Dustin, can you please replace `LaTeX.tmbundle` in the folder

    Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles

inside your home directory with the latest version of the bundle from

    https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/archive/master.zip

. For that to work, you first need to unpack the `zip` file, and rename the resulting folder to `LaTeX.tmbundle`. After that, please replace the installed version of the bundle and restart TextMate.

If that does not fix your problem, please do not hesitate to write again or open issue at

   https://github.com/textmate/latex.tmbundle/issues

.

> Thanks,
>
> Dustin