[TxMt] Re: warning in htmloutput.rb

Fri Dec 27 05:34:35 UTC 2019

On 17 Oct 2019, at 0:13, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> My guess is that the warning is a consequence of this change:
>
>     https://redmine.ruby-lang.org/issues/15294
>
> My guess is that '%-' is intended (experimentation shows that it is
> valid and works).

Thanks, I have made this change upstream:
https://github.com/textmate/bundle-support.tmbundle/commit/b7d4245342ff5266849cd40eca3d4be743b7eff2

> I suspect this was always invalid but the issue was ignored. m.

The patch indicates that it’s invalid, though the documentation
actually says the trim made can be “one or more of the following
modifiers”:

	%  enables Ruby code processing for lines beginning with %
	<> omit newline for lines starting with <% and ending in %>
	>  omit newline for lines ending in %>
	-  omit blank lines ending in -%>

And indeed it does allow `%` with any of the following characters, but
presumably the last 3 are mutually exclusive.