[TxMt] Re: Language Server Protocol (LSP)

Jacob Carlborg doob at me.com
Sat Dec 21 12:11:39 UTC 2019

> On 20 Dec 2019, at 17:06, f1nnix <ilya at rusanen.co.uk> wrote:
>
> And this means unless we are able notify server on every content change of
> opened document in realtime, we can't make completion requests for major
> part for Language Server implementations. Is there a way to run command on
> every content change?

Have a look at this changelog entry [1].

> 3. The same as 1. When document is closed, we need to notify LS about it. I
> can't find any info about document.close callback
> (https://github.com/textmate/textmate/search?q=callback.document.did-close&unscoped_q=callback.document.did-close&type=Commits).
> Is it true there is no such callback?

No there’s no such callback. I asked about that recently. But, if you look at [1], there’s DocumentClosed, which might work.

As Allan mentioned [2], I think it’s better if the LSP support is natively implemented inside TextMate and not as a bundle.

[1] https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Applications/TextMate/about/Changes.md#2016-10-03-v20-beta1221 <https://github.com/textmate/textmate/blob/master/Applications/TextMate/about/Changes.md#2016-10-03-v20-beta1221>
[2] http://textmate.1073791.n5.nabble.com/Language-Server-Protocol-LSP-tp31826p31935.html

--
/Jacob Carlborg