[TxMt] Re: Different Themes based on file type

Dr Eberhard W Lisse el at lisse.NA
Fri Aug 23 18:37:05 UTC 2019

ate Umberto,

TextMate does open different files in corresponding modes.  I don't
think you can change the Theme depending on file type, if only because
of the complexity and the requirments for Themes to be available.

I also don't see the necessity, as the modes are very helpful alread
and can even be triggered in pipe mode with the -t parameter.

This bash code tells you what modes are currently available:

find ~/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles \
   -depth 1 -name '*.tmbundle' -exec bash -c '
      tput bold;
      echo -n "$(defaults read "{}/info.plist" name): ";
      tput sgr0;
      echo $(if cd "{}/Syntaxes" 2>/dev/null;
         then
            for syntax in *.plist *.tmLanguage;
            do
               if [ -f "${syntax}" ];
               then
                  /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy -c \
                     "Print :scopeName" "${syntax}" \
                     2>/dev/null \
                  | grep -v "[\{\}]";
               fi;
            done;
         fi)' \; \
| sort -f

el

On 2019-08-23 13:45 , Umberto Cerrato wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a function to make TextMate 2 opens a certain file type using
> a specific theme?  e.g. there is the default theme and then you can
> set TM to open html files using another theme.
>
> Best, u
>
> PS:
> I need it!!  I do not know why only few Text Editors have this
> feature…

Dr. Eberhard W. Lisse          / Obstetrician & Gynaecologist (Saar)
PO Box 8421                  /
Bachbrecht, Namibia     ;____/