[TxMt] Re: sudo mate no longer possible?

Thu Aug 1 12:45:40 UTC 2019

On 29 Jul 2019, at 13:31, Ben Ubois wrote:

> So far I have tried:
> - Granting "Full Disk Access" to TextMate in System Preferences ->
> Security & Privacy -> Privacy
> - Uninstalling and reinstalling `mate`
>
> Please let me know if there's any more information I can provide.

OS version and the output from running these lines in a terminal:

	ls -l /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.macromates.auth_server.plist
	ls -l /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.macromates.auth_server
	/Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.macromates.auth_server --version
	sudo sqlite3 /var/db/auth.db 'SELECT * FROM rules_history WHERE rule
LIKE "com.macromates.textmate%"'

After this, try re-install the privileged helper tool using this
command:

	sudo /Library/PrivilegedHelperTools/com.macromates.auth_server
--uninstall

A new authenticated save should automatically re-install it, so try
`sudo mate` (or regular `mate`) after this, to see if the issue has been
solved.

Even if you do get it working, I would like the output from the above
steps, as ideally the user should not need to manually re-install the
helper. I assume though the auth database have lost TextMate’s policy,
possibly during OS upgrade.