[TxMt] Re: Window scrolls up when moving between tabs

Fri Apr 26 17:28:04 UTC 2019

On 13 Nov 2018, at 23:19, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> The problem is that it stores a buffer offset as the “first
> character” but this may visually change due to delayed softwrap
> calculation.
>
> It’s not a new issue: Once I get around to overhaul the text
> layout/rendering code, I expect to address this and other related
> issues.

The fix for this doesn’t sound like something you’re going to knock
out in a few hours, but is there any progress or anything else we can do
in the short term? This is driving me nuts.

I’ve been working on some code for a client with pretty long lines.
Switching to a document scrolls more than a page, and it’s not obvious
which direction it went. So I don’t know exactly how far away the
current line is, and I don’t know which way to look.

I’ve found that ⌃L seems to work once the view has stabilized, but
that gets old fast. Now I’m experimenting with just turning soft-wrap
off. We’ll see how that goes. (The code for this particular project is
unreadable anyway. 😛)

--
Rob McBroom