[TxMt] Unintended OS Modification Issue?

Herb Fluhler Huf2000 at aol.com
Fri Sep 7 22:01:27 UTC 2018

HI:

I installed textmate a few evenings ago and it appeared to be working, but then I went to Finder to preview some Matlab files (.m) and when I clicked on them in the Finder Window Preview Panel (not to be confused with Preview  the app), it shows the text that is in the file, but NOT like it used to. Instead of the normal OS-X white background and black text, it shows the text in the same colors and format as TextMate!  (Black background, white and drab brown and green text for quoted text etc. ).

How did this happen, in that all I did was install TextMate from the download link.

I’m not feeling a warm fuzzy when an application I install that modifies an operating system function and appearance, when I’m not thinking it should.

Thanks!

Herbert U. Fluhler
256-651-5673 [C]