[TxMt] Re: 10.14 / Mojave Dark Mode

Sun Oct 21 06:35:48 UTC 2018

On 18 Oct 2018, at 7:06, じょいすじょん wrote:

> That tabbing mechanism is available system wide, provided by AppKit.
> It might not be ideal to everybody but it is at least consistent.
> Sometimes it's easier to just roll with it and adopt.

It’s actually not a UI component that can be freely used, but rather
tabs is something the system can add to document-based applications.

I think there are still too many issues with Cocoa’s document-based
application structure for us to adopt it, so the custom tabs will stay
for the foreseeable future, which means we can keep the current look
where it bleeds into the title bar, although there is something to be
said for system-wide consistency.

I agree though that active tab shouldn’t be a button; ideally it would
melt together with the document view (as TextMate 1.x did and Chrome
currently does).