[TxMt] Re: 10.14 / Mojave Dark Mode

Fri Oct 5 08:25:20 UTC 2018

On 5 Oct 2018, at 9:49, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> Using asset catalogs would be nice but it’s still possible to do
> with just code. If you can use the semantic colors, with a fallback
> for when they’re not available, it would help as well I think.

There are no semantic colors for gradients or even highlighted search
results as in Jason’s screenshot.

And I am not aware of how we can introduce our own semantic colors
without asset catalogs, as the RGB value of a semantic color is not
resolved until it is being used (i.e. have a graphics context), but
there does not appear to be an `NSColor` API for this (beyond `set`, but
probably can’t rely on that working 100% of the time, e.g. when other
colors are derived from the base color).