[TxMt] Re: behavior of "Find" window - don't recent on bring to front?

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Thu Nov 29 15:01:03 UTC 2018

> The problem is that a lot of the time ⇧⌘F is the user saying “I want to do a new folder search with my current project / selected items in the file browser” rather than “bring back the previous search I did”.

I agree, but the other part of the time is that I have a list of results and I need to continue to process and perhaps enter another search in the same folder. And when the find dialog re-appears, everything is the same except that property.

I'm OK with whatever you decide to do, but here is one other idea. Perhaps double clicking to edit should only bring the edit window forward and leave the find window open with no changes. If the user closes the Find window, then that would justify switching the folder search back to the default.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.