[TxMt] Re: behavior of "Find" window - don't recent on bring to front?

John DeSoi desoi at pgedit.com
Wed Nov 28 21:49:55 UTC 2018

> I normally use the mouse, but just tried ⇧⌘F to refocus the Find window and it preserved the selected folder. That makes sense to me since ⌘F is supposed to be limited to a single document or selection, while ⇧⌘F is for searching something larger like “in folder”.

The problem is that the window has to stay open to preserve the last used folder scope. If you use ⇧⌘F and then double click on something to edit (find window closes), then ⇧⌘F again. All the previous searches are still there, but the "In" scope value is lost. Seems like it should stay the same until the user changes it on purpose.

John DeSoi, Ph.D.