[TxMt] Re: `mate <file>` from Terminal is occasionally very slow to open <file> in TextMate

Daniel Vollmer lists at maven.de
Sun Jul 29 09:28:45 UTC 2018

Hi Allan,

I’ve observed the following (which is from memory, so may not be 100% accurate), I’ll try to take notes from now on.

> People with this issue, can you let me know:
>
> 	• What is the earliest version of macOS where you noticed the issue?

I’m confident of it happening back to macOS 10.12 at least, not sure about earlier.

> 	• Is TextMate hidden when the problem happens?

I think yes, so either no open windows or all of them hidden. Not completely sure about this though. TM is indicated as running by the Dock (via the dot), but usually doesn’t have any open windows (at least on the current desktop).

> 	• Is it likely that the file does open in TextMate and the delay is related to unhiding TextMate (or bringing it to front)?

It seems to. But at least for me both the window appearing and bringing it to the front both (which I can’t really separate) happens after the delay (or immediately after I manually re-activate TM via the Dock for example.

	Daniel.