[TxMt] Re: XHTML tags flagged as errors

Michael Sheets mummer at whitefalls.org
Wed Jul 25 03:40:36 UTC 2018

On Jul 24, 2018, at 12:17 PM, Curt Sellmer <sellmerfud at gmail.com> wrote:

> I use an XHTML template language for my web applications that allows me to define my own tags such as <s:embed>...</s:embed>.  I set the language for these files to HTML so that embedded stylesheets, scripts, etc. are formatted correctly.
>
> With HTML bundle update yesterday, these custom tags are now highlighted as errors with the scope invalid.illegal.unrecognized-tag.html
>
> This has worked great for me for at least the last eight years at least.  This new behavior is rather annoying.
>
> Is there a way that I can avoid the HTML bundle flagging these custom tags as errors?

So when I was redoing the grammar I did not do anything for XHTML compatibility. It should mostly work, but my plan for XHTML is to either let it use the XML grammar or a variant of it specific for XHTML. Because of the differences between the standard HTML and XHTML I think this is the best solution. But I don’t have a good grasp on what the common use case for XHTML is these days, it may solely be template cases such as in your case.

This said your case is different because you are talking about using a template system. The HTML grammar nor a potential XHTML grammar won’t be designed to support template tags. For template languages you will need a specific grammar to properly match and recognize the tags. Can you post a link to the template system you are using and your general usage of XHTML in general so I can get a feel of it? (If you don’t want to post it publicly you can email me at support.)