[TxMt] Re: Tool tips not disappearing?

Mon Jul 16 07:50:01 UTC 2018

On 26 Jun 2018, at 23:32, Graham Heath wrote:

> I've been using a tooltip based linter for a while, and recently
> occationally the tooltips seem to be sticking around. Has anything
> changed
> with that API, intentionally or otherwise?
>
> Is there a way to clear these tips without relaunching the app?

They should normally disappear on one of these conditions:

- The user press a mouse button
- The user press a key
- The user uses the scroll wheel
- TextMate’s active window changes
- TextMate becomes inactive (i.e. focus switch to another application)

Nothing has changed with this code, but maybe you upgraded to 10.13 beta
and there is an issue?

Can you check if they also persist even if you open a new window in
TextMate and/or switch to another application?

If they do, the most likely reason I can think of is that an internal
exception is thrown that breaks the event loop responsible for
dismissing the tool tip.

To monitor if an exception is thrown, try run this in a terminal (it
should show log output from TextMate):

	% sudo log config --mode "private_data:on"
	% log stream --level info --predicate 'senderImagePath ENDSWITH
"TextMate" OR (processImagePath ENDSWITH "TextMate" AND messageType ==
16)'