[TxMt] Re: behavior of "Find" window - don't recent on bring to front?

Timothy Bates timothy.c.bates at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 15:29:22 UTC 2018

> The problem is that a lot of the time ⇧⌘F is the user saying “I want to do a new folder search with my current project / selected items in the file browser” rather than “bring back the previous search I did”.

A prefs toggle for this would be good. I never use the file browser or project tools (still don’t really understand projects, and while I have tried to set them, project never seems to be right for me: might be that I work on files from more than one “project" at once in a window.
> What I have been wanting to add is history to the find dialog with ⌘[ / ⌘] to go back/forward in the history.

That seems like it would be good: Just a key stroke to get back to a prior set of settings.