[TxMt] Re: Find All in document lacks checkboxes

Tue Sep 19 05:50:24 UTC 2017

On 15 Sep 2017, at 4:20, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> Forgive me if this has been asked before, but when I do a Find All
> from the Find dialog (as opposed to the Find in Project dialog), why
> don't I get the same interface as the Find in Project dialog, with
> checkboxes allowing me to prevent some occurrences from being subject
> to a Replace All?

The simple explanation is that when requesting all matches in a
document, the Find dialog needs to know if the user are making changes
to the document and update the results accordingly, and right now, there
is no internal API for that, so for “safety” reasons, there are no
checkboxes.

That said, if you press ⌃⌘R (Select current document in file
browser) then ⌥⌘⇥ (move focus to file browser) and finally ⇧⌘F
(bring up find in file browser selection) you _will_ get checkboxes for
searching the currently selected file, which should be the open
document.

Though this does not work for untitled documents and it does _not_ solve
the safety problem described above, so you could do the search, go back
to the document and makes changes, then return to the find dialog and
make replacements with the stale search results.

It’s something that still needs a bit of work, and definitely the
checkboxes ought to be there in all modes :)