[TxMt] Re: JSLintMate not working as advertised

Graham Heath graham.p.heath at gmail.com
Mon Jul 3 20:14:16 UTC 2017

I’ve been working on a fork of bodnaristvan’s bundle for a long time now.
As far as I know I’m the only user... If you’d like to try it:

https://github.com/loadedsith/JavascriptHinter.tmbundle

It adds a few different linters and a config file for these linters as well
as doing a better job of looking up config files. If there’s a linter you’d
like to see added, please let me know. File bugs though github’s issue
tracker and I’ll do my best.

How is it different?
 - More linters (eslint, eslint_d, gjslint, jscs, jshint, scss_lint)
 - Faster because it uses fewer promises and more channels (js-csp), makes
for async linting (faster to first result).
 - Config file specific to this linter (.tm_jshinter.js)
 - Close HTML output by clicking an "x" or by pressing escape.
 - Better error handling: No longer fails silently for as much.

Whats missing?
 - Users to use/test it
 - Documentation
 - Rebranding
 - Time to develop it
 - TypeScript support…
 - Good error handling: What happens when you don’t have the plugins or
node module installed?

Thanks,

Graham Heath