[TxMt] JSLintMate not working as advertised

Jack Royal-Gordon jackrg at pobox.com
Mon Jul 3 19:50:58 UTC 2017

HI!

I’ve installed JSLintMate and am trying to use it on the JS for my Rails project. I’ve tried to turn off complaints about “$” and “document” being undefined, but can’t seem to do so. I’ve tried with a “.jshintrc” resource file, and also with inline configuration. My inline configuration currently looks like:

/* jshint undef: false, unused: false */
// global $, document
…

I read in the docs that single-line comments work as well as open-close comments, so I tried both formats.

Not only did it not turn off all messages regarding undefined and unused variables, but it also did not turn them off for “$” and “document”. Does anyone have an idea why?

In case it helps, the messages look like:

JSHint found problems:

‘$’ is not defined.				line 3
$(document).ready(function() {

‘document’ is not defined.		line 3