[TxMt] Re: API for getting/setting column selections

Sun Jan 15 06:22:59 UTC 2017

On 3 Jan 2017, at 7:47, Rob Brackett wrote:

> Is there any straightforward way to get and set column selections from
> a plugin, where I can’t easily mess with the C++ objects? Is there a
> better way I should be approaching this whole operation in the first
> place?

There isn’t really any API for plug-ins, and since 2.0 is open source,
my view is that it’s better to do pull requests for new features,
rather than plug-ins, because the latter has a good chance of breaking
if they use API that is not marked as public (and pretty much no API
is).

The most abstract way to change the document content (from the outside)
is via search and replace, although this is easier done from a macro
than a plug-in, so you might have to basically execute a macro to get
this done.