[TxMt] Re: Random area selected with mouse in Sierra

Wed Feb 8 13:03:41 UTC 2017

On 8 Feb 2017, at 17:48, Konstantin Suvorov wrote:

> Does anybody experience random selections while clicking on tabs or
> other
> textmate windows (like search dialog) on Sierra?

Yes — this happened to me 1-2 weeks ago, never noticed it before, but
it happened all the time for a day or so, until I rebooted (due to a
software update), and now it does not seem to happen anymore.

I was very puzzled as to why it would happen, and I did try all sorts of
things to reproduce the steps, but like you, I was unsuccessful.

One thing that was a little atypical compared to my normal workflow is
that the project I worked on at the time had `saveOnBlur = true` in its
`.tm_properties` and I was regularly switching away/back to TextMate.
Although definitely not the first time I have used this workflow, but
first time I noticed the selection issue.

FYI I am now on 10.12.3, so if you are on less, then definitely check
for an OS update.

I would also suggest trying to reboot. I don’t exactly see how it
could happen, but perhaps some sort of stuck modifier flag for the
activation mouse event, making TextMate think there was a shift-click to
extend the selection.