[TxMt] Re: Problem running Latex

René Schwaiger sanssecours at me.com
Thu Dec 21 08:44:50 UTC 2017

Hi Robert,

> On 20.12.2017, at 22:53 , Robert Milton <robert.gomez.milton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
> Having received some TeXLive updates recently, I am now unable to use cmd-R in TextMate to typeset. Whichever .tex I try (in this case Reason. tex), I just get
>
> Command latexmk -pdf -f -r /tmp/latexmkrc -r '/Users/robertmilton/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/LaTeX.tmbundle/Support/config/latexmkrc' Reason.tex exited with status 127
>
> Is anyone else having this problem, or does anyone know how to fix it?

looks like translating LaTeX files works on my machine. I just installed the most recent updates of MacTeX 2017 via the Terminal command

    sudo tlmgr update --self —all

. After that I translated the following document:

    \documentclass{article}
    \begin{document}
      Test
    \end{document}

in TextMate without any problems. I also translated the same document using the Guest Account (“System Preferences…”→“Users & Groups”→“Guest User”), which also worked. Could you please try the following:

1. Create a new file in TextMate
2. Paste the LaTeX code from above into the document
3. Save the file in the folder `Downloads` using the name `Test.tex`
4. Open Terminal
5. Enter the following commands:

   cd ~/Downloads
   latexmk -pdf Test.tex

6. Does the command `latexmk -pdf Test.tex` print any error messages?
7. Does the folder `Downloads` contain the PDF file `Test.pdf`?

If the steps above worked for you, can you please try to translate the same file in TextMate using the Guest account?

> Regards
> Robert

Kind regards,
  René