[TxMt] how disable "smart" insertion of matching quotes and parens with fortran bundle

Bill Paxton paxton at kitp.ucsb.edu
Wed Aug 30 04:13:26 UTC 2017

when I type a quote or a left paren when using the fortran bundle, it automatically inserts a matching quote or paren and leaves the cursor between it and the one i typed myself.

i can see that some users will love this and find it very useful.  if just find it annoying and a nuisance.  i notice that this “helpful” behavior is not present in Plain Text, but I’d like to use the fotran bundle, just without the automatic addition of matching quotes and parens.

there was nothing obvious in the details of the fortran bundle, so I’m asking for help on how to manage this.

thanks
bill