[TxMt] Ruby Bundle unavailable

Greg web at web.knobby.ws
Mon Sep 12 18:16:55 UTC 2016

TextMate version 2.0-beta.12.4. Ruby bundle dated Sep 6, 2016.

Very recently Bundle control has gone wacky or maybe the Ruby bundle. I see Ruby in the list in Preferences>Bundles and can select it, but Ruby is not available in at the bottom of the window for selection (afraid I don’t know how to describe that better). And Cmd-R doesn’t work (not surprising since I can’t make it a Ruby file). I’ve been using this regularly, but it could have been a week since tried to use Cmd-R. I’ve been using TextMate daily for Rails and haven’t noticed any problems (Ruby on Rails Bundle is still available).

Some combinations of reboot and restart cause Ruby not to be selected in Preferences.

I think I’m also seeing problems with Themes, but I don’t know exactly which them I was using, but it definitely wasn’t correct for my Ruby files. I’m using some black background theme in general and did look at different themes a week or two ago. Might be some connection?

I’m not up on Bundle management, but poked around

~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles/                 — no Ruby bundle
~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Managed/Bundles/ — no Ruby bundle

~/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Ruby/1.8.7/ — Why is this here? Did I do this or is it part of TextMate?

I searched for “Ruby.tmbundle” and found nothing.

Thanks for any suggestions

Greg