[TxMt] Re: another wish for the global Find dialog

Fri Sep 9 10:11:14 UTC 2016

On 5 Sep 2016, at 17:18, Matt Neuburg wrote:

>> This is non-trivial since the Find and Replace fields are system
>> controls
> Okay. How about in the display of what the replaced results will look
> like? We seem to be in control of that, right enough.

Correct, the search results are (in theory) possible to customize
however we want.

Though I am not sure what problem we are trying to solve here.

Was the problem with a trailing space in the replace text field? Or
possible two spaces when only one was desired?

Would you want the “Show Invisibles” limited to only the
match/replacement string (in the search results)? As I assume if we
render all invisibles, it’ll look rather busy.

As mentioned earlier, the current nightlies have a background color for
the match/replacement, I’ve attached a capture where I put 3 trailing
spaces in the replace field. To be honest, I am not sure rendering them
as dots in the search results would make it that much clearer, that
there is too much space (but then, I also use a monospaced font for
search results).