[TxMt] Re: another wish for the global Find dialog

Sun Sep 4 09:32:41 UTC 2016

On 3 Sep 2016, at 2:38, Matt Neuburg wrote:

> Could the View -> Show Invisible Characters be made to apply in the
> Global Find dialog, especially in the Find and Replace fields?

This is non-trivial since the Find and Replace fields are system
controls, so we’d need to override system behavior to try and achieve
this (not something I have looked into, but in general customizing
NSTextField is not easy).

> There are times when not knowing there's a space can really really
> screw up your global replacement (ask me how I know that!)...

Is that a space in the Replace field? The current nightly build uses a
different background color for matches, that way, one can see if
leading/trailing space is being matched.