[TxMt] Re: pdfsync problems in LaTeX bundle + Skim + Sierra

René Schwaiger sanssecours at f-m.fm
Fri Oct 28 06:00:01 UTC 2016

Hi Gildas,

> On 28 Oct 2016, at 1:21 , Gildas Hamel <gweltaz at ucsc.edu> wrote:
>
> I'm on OS 10.12.1, TM2 (12.26) and Skim 1.4.22 as viewer. Syncing pdf to source works, but not source to pdf. I looked at Skim's user list but couldn't find a solution. I wonder if something has to be done to the LaTeX bundle to restore this ability? Or is it an Apple 10.12 problem and I should wait for an Apple fix….

this seems to be a problem with Skim [1].

[1]: https://sourceforge.net/p/skim-app/bugs/1128/

For a temporary fix you can do the following:

1. Download the new version of the displayline script:

    https://sourceforge.net/p/skim-app/bugs/_discuss/thread/8b194f97/effb/attachment/displayline

2. Go to the Downloads folder and locate the displayline script
3. Open “displayline” in TextMate and save the file
4. The script should now be executable

   (The icon of the script is black instead of white.
    In the left corner of the new icon there is a green
    text spelling “exex”.)

5. Copy the file “displayline” in Finder (`⌘` + `C`)
6. Locate Skim in Finder
7. Right-Click and press “Show Package Contents”
8. In the new Finder window paste “displayline” into the folder
   `Contents/SharedSupport`
9. Click on the button “Replace”

After this procedure “forward search” should work in most situations again according to Christiaan Hofman (one of the authors of Skim):

  > For now, attached is a slightly altered version of the
  > displayline script that allows forward search in 1.4.22
  > in most situations.

I tried it and it works for me ( in most situations :o) ).

> --Gildas

Kind regards,
  René

P.S. Thank you, for your recent donation!