[TxMt] Re: Order of suggestion of autocomplete items

Bert Zangle zanglebert at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 16:46:57 UTC 2016

Allan Odgaard-4 wrote
> It’s not possible to change the priority.
>
> I’m not too fond of the way this completion system works (i.e. it’s
> not using the general TextMate customization infrastructure but instead
> has 3 “special” settings when it probably should just have been a
> regular command with “completion list” as output type, and maybe
> receiving the default completions on stdin), so I’m more likely to
> completely change the system than add new settings to tweak priorities.

Makes sense. The completions are sometimes a bit odd anyway, but not sure
what could be done about it.

For example, for my current (Python) file, after writing:

print(some_function(some_argument),

where my default completion list includes the following to be added (for
debug prints):

"\n")

the first completion suggested in my current file instead is:

:])):

Not technically /wrong/ I guess, the combination does appear somewhere in my
code, but not really the thing I'd typically want to use completion for.

But that's a result of the regex harvesting the completions, right? So only
indirectly related, I guess.