[TxMt] Re: License buying option up to date?

Bert zanglebert at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 09:01:09 UTC 2016

Graham P Heath wrote
> As I understand it TextMate 2 is free (for the time being).
>
> https://macromates.com/license_policy

(From the above link) I thought the following:

> Version 2.0 of TextMate is being developed as open source. This doesn’t
> change that TextMate is a commercial product, and while current prebuilt
> binaries work without a license key, they may need one in the future.

...basically means "TM2 isn't free/non commercial, but for now, it sort of
acts like it is. Enjoy while it lasts" :)

But like you said: even if TM doesn't force you to pay, if a license
supports the dev(s), I'd be happy to buy one.

Coming back to my question in OP: I just wanted to check first if the
license buying page is up to date and the money goes to the right place.