[TxMt] Re: Beta 9.2 enhancements!

Mon May 30 11:31:05 UTC 2016

On 30 May 2016, at 12:31, Tim Bates wrote:

> Just to say the new double-click on brackets feature is great!
> Also appreciated: Choice of font size as well as theme in printing -
> very helpful!

Regarding “brackets” (paired characters) a key binding I use all the
time is control-up and control-down which moves to the beginning or end
of the current “enclosing pairs”.

This also works with shift to select, so if we have this line:

	fprintf(stderr, "%s", ‸foo(bar));

Then we can use control-shift-down to select the last argument:

	fprintf(stderr, "%s", [foo(bar)]);

Another key equivalent is shift-command-B which is basically the same
as double-clicking one of the braces (with the caret inside), though it
cascades outward, so if we take the same line as above but move caret
like this:

	fprintf(stderr, "%s", foo(‸bar));

Then first time we press shift-command-B we get:

	fprintf(stderr, "%s", foo[(bar)]);

And on the next press we get:

	fprintf[(stderr, "%s", foo(bar))];

Worth mentioning when you do these “unit” selections, you can extend
the selection to either side, which depends on the first arrow key you
use, so with the previous line, we can press option-shift-left to extend
selection left by one word:

	[fprintf(stderr, "%s", foo(bar))];