[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

Mon May 30 11:19:37 UTC 2016

On 26 May 2016, at 22:21, Jacob Carlborg wrote:

> According to the UTCoreTypes.h header file in the LaunchServices
> framework in the CoreServices framework SVG is supported since OS X
> 10.10.

This would appear to be only as an UTI definition, i.e. NSImage can’t
actually load these, although QuickLook actually can (but possibly via a
WebView).

> But to be sure you should call the "imageTypes" class method on
> NSImage.

EPS is there, which is a vector format with a textual representation, so
possible to generate from any scripting language without the use of any
image libraries.

But rather than read the EPS/PS standard I cheated and saved a blue
square with a black border from Sketch and looked at the source and it
looks like gibberish :) but a lot of it seemed to be (possibly
unnecessary) boilerplate.

I did test it with mate’s `--set-mark` and it works fine (I changed
`GutterView.mm` to just draw the image rather than create a mask, so
that we get color). Though I wouldn’t want this change for all images,
I suggest including “Color” in the image name to indicate that it is
not a mask (although this is opposite of the OS where a “Template”
suffix indicates that it is monochrome image, but if we make this
change, we have to change all existing uses of `--set-mark`).

I also added a new `callback.document.did-open` so that colors can be
added during load instead of only during save (available starting with
2.0-beta.9.3) — this also benefits the SCM Diff Gutter bundle where it
has always annoyed me that the marks didn’t appear until first save.