[TxMt] Re: STATA 14

Phil Schumm pschumm at uchicago.edu
Thu Mar 3 16:33:49 UTC 2016

On Mar 3, 2016, at 7:36 AM, Cunningham, Scott <scunning at gmail.com> wrote:
> I purchased STATA 14 yesterday and noticed that the Textmate 2 bundle no longer works as well with it.  When I go to run (COMMAND-R) a program from within Textmate 2, it brings up a temporary file to run from within STATA (as opposed to just running it entirely).  I don’t see a lot of options to change anything, so I’m unsure how to proceed.  Any help would be appreciated.

Hi Scott,

I use the Stata bundle extensively with version 14, so I can probably help.  However, at the moment, I'm not exactly sure what the problem(s) is.  If you have a do-file open, cmd-R will cause Stata to execute that file -- either in the project directory (default, I believe) or in the same directory as the do-file is located (this setting can be changed in the bundle preferences).  Alternatively, opt-cmd-R will execute the line where the cursor is located or the selection portion of the file (if there is a highlighted selection).  Are these not working, and if not, what exactly is happening?

-- Phil

P.S. You may also post bug-reports and/or consult previous reports at

         https://github.com/statatmbundle/Stata.tmbundle/issues