[TxMt] Re: disable atomic saves?

Thu Jun 23 07:03:49 UTC 2016

On 16 Jun 2016, at 23:09, Carpii UK wrote:

> I'm still trying to get to the bottom of this, but not making much
> progress

When you get the error please run these tests on your Mac (not via ssh):

     # This is what TextMate does and should fail, otherwise the issue
is with TextMate
     mv file~ file

     # This should open ‘file’ in append mode, this might work
	echo Test >> file

     # This is similar to above but also truncates the file
	echo Test > file

     # This simply unlinks the file which is what is implicit in first
test
     rm file

Here I assume that `file` is the file you want to overwrite and `file~`
is the temporary file left by TextMate after a failed save.

Please be sure you have a backup of `file` before doing the tests.

> Im starting to wonder if its possible a bundle I use could be
> involved somehow?

Highly unlikely.