[TxMt] Re: Search beachballs on (very) long single-line file

Thu Jun 16 18:38:42 UTC 2016

On 5 Jun 2016, at 22:38, Walter Lee Davis wrote:

>> wrote:
>>
>> I’ll limit the context/excerpt shown for the match to address it.
>
> I think this may also solve a long-standing problem I have with the
> multi-file search […]

Performance should be much better in latest nightly build and the
context before a match is limited to 150 bytes, though it might be less
as I try to match up the excerpts, e.g. a match at offset 337 and one at
394 will both have their context start from byte 300 so it is visually
more clear that we are still on the same line (for the second match).