[TxMt] Search beachballs on (very) long single-line file

Walter Lee Davis waltd at wdstudio.com
Sun Jun 5 19:50:42 UTC 2016

I am working in a Rails project, and one of the files in the project tree is a catalog of books, exported from another system as a 1MB single-line file. When I engage multi-file search, I will end up in spinning-pizza-of-death until I force-quit the app. As a work-around, I have had to keep search from looking inside it by declaring it to be one of the non-text files (right after jpeg) in the preferences in order to be able to search for anything at all across files.

Is there a better way that I can handle this? It's non-ideal to never be able to look in a JSON file within TM. I can use BBEdit, which does not have any issue at all opening this file, but I'd like to keep it all together.

How else could I globally keep multi-file search from trying to read this file?

Thanks,

Walter