[TxMt] Re: showing preview of css colors

Carpii UK carpii.uk at gmail.com
Wed Jun 1 02:20:33 UTC 2016

Had a couple of hours spare today, so set about trying to see how I could
generate an eps file from script (bash/PHP)

Saving a 10*10 flat color eps from Illustrator resulted in a 400k file. As
Allan says, much of it will be boilerplate and error handling, but either
way, its not practical to strip that down to a barebone vector eps.

Looking at the other software tools I had available, it seems many of them
don't actually create a true vector image, but simply embed a rasterised
bitmap inside an EPS wrapper (in which case it offers none of the
advantages of EPS, as we may aswell revert to PNG).

Can anyone recommend some tools which are able to produce small eps files,
but are still actually vectors?

Playing with ImageMagick at the moment, but Im not yet convinced thats not
rasterising the end result also